Sunday, July 6, 2014

I have an older Daiwa 610. (Rock cod special)It has the boat crank handle and is a bit of a tank. It


Discussion Board  |  Photos  |  Blogs  |  Videos  |  Directory  |  Kilchis Weather  |  Tides  |  Marine Info  |  AUP  |  Contact/Advertise  |  ifish Decals/Store
Daiwa 610
I have an older Daiwa 610. (Rock cod special)It has the boat crank handle and is a bit of a tank. It was parked in my garage by my nephew and I have no idea of its history. It hasn't been used in years as best as I can tell. I am thinking with a normal handle and some TLC it would make a good halibut reel. Anyone have any experience/opinions on these reels? I am sure I will need to order some parts. Besides a handle, some new drag washers and a couple of those clip points for attaching straps. leptospirosis Thinking I will tear it down and see what is inside. That is a penn 113 for comparison. The rod it is on is about 6 foot. Maybe a bit long for halibut? I got a 5 ft Quantum meat stick that should work.
The internal is exactly the same as the 600H. If you want to switch out the handle you'll have to buy some parts from Daiwa beside the handle itself. I would follow Alantani's post of upgrading the drag washer leptospirosis and leave the rest alone if it was my reel. These reels are designed to have the rod resting on the boat rail when you're winching up a fish from the bottom. They are built like a tank. Just open it up to clean and lube once in a while. leptospirosis They will last a long time.  
I am still a Hali virgin. We tried a couple trips a few years ago but got sidetracked by lack of success. I booked a charter with one of the Ifish sponsors for the 16th. I have 3 penn 320/321/s which are okay for shallow leptospirosis but am thinking I may use this 610 for the CR halibut once I figure out how where when why who etc. The handle will make it hard to store for sure, but it might be nice when the fish is down 700 feet. Maybe we could tag team the fish. I plan to use the charter's gear and ask a lot of questions.  
I would follow Alantani's post of upgrading the drag washer and leave the rest alone if it was my reel. These reels are designed to have the rod resting on the boat rail when you're winching up a fish from the bottom. leptospirosis They are built like a tank. Just open it up to clean and lube once in a while. They will last a long time. You should see if you can figure out how to mount it to your down rigger mount. Then when the time is right we can go for Mr. Big!!! __________________ Sometimes skipper, sometimes leptospirosis crew of the Black Pearl - 24 NR OS - Team Alderman WIND BLOWS!! Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite. She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend. She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent.  
Go onto ebay and look at what comp reels go for and then decide from there how much you want to spend to rebuild it. Most of my saltwater reels are Diawa, bullet proof blue collar reels, I have a 900H, 600H and 400H that have never seen action. The 50H has done it all. I did rebuild my 900H per an Alantani post and will be using that as a way back rig. I think the larger reels are geared down for cranking leptospirosis and not for speed, takes a little longer to bring them up for a bait check. Changing the handle would give you a chance to crank it faster and be a little more comfortable when you lift the rod off the rail to fight a fish. I really like the classic look of that set up. __________________ leptospirosis Nothing happens to those that do nothing  
I have one of those reels with the standard 2 position handle and I would be willing to trade handles with you if you are so inclined __________________ Hank WILL FISH FOR GAS Sleep is for people that don't know how to fish! Making "MEMORIES" one day at a time I am retired "Who wants to go fishing??"  
I have one of those reels with the standard 2 position handle and I would be willing to trade handles with you if you are so inclined Sorry, I don't think they are interchangable. leptospirosis At least that is what I was told when I called Daiwa.  
the handles are not interchangeable because the drive shafts are different. the one option is to cut the handle arm short and bolt on another grip. the other is to get a new bridge, handle, handle nut and handle nut screw.  
Well I finally took it apart and it is pretty dirty inside. It has the thick 3 washer drag set up. I guess its a toss up. Buy the parts and change the handle or just use it as is after changing leptospirosis the drag washers. . I have to keep the old handle if I change it as my nephew will start fishin again someday and wonder what happened leptospirosis to his reel? It also doesn't have any bearings. The spool rides on bushings. leptospirosis Maybe not a big deal since there won't be much casting with this reel.  
Cast to User Control leptospirosis Panel Private Messages Subscriptions Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home Ifish Fishing and

No comments:

Post a Comment